2016 Jamis Coda Comp
Our Codas have been some of our most popular bikes for years, and for good reason. There’s the smooth-riding Reynolds chromoly frames, the well-thought-out geometry, the heads-up riding position and the smart component selections, from the super-wide gearing range to the easy-adjust stems: these bikes are simply some of the most versatile around.
UPGRADES FROM CODA SPORT
- Reynolds 520 double-butted chromoly main tubes
- Lightweight full carbon composite fork
- New Shimano Acera M3000 27-Speed group
- Shimano Acera FC-M371 crankset
- SRAM 9-Speed 11-34T cassette
- Jamis adjustable threadless steering system (ATS), withforged aluminum stem
- Selle Royal S1 saddle
- Lighter, more durable, alloy platform pedal
Buttery Smooth Ride of Steel
We’re famous for our steel bikes and the Codas have a lot to do with that. No frame material makes more sense on beat-up city streets than steel. Why? Hit a baseball with a wooden bat and then hit one with an aluminum bat and you’ll know why. You want your frame material to soak up those streets, not beat you with them. And we use only the best: Reynolds cold-worked, double-butted chrome-moly steel.
Think ATS for Fit
The clever and patented ATS steering system allows you to easily adjust your stem height. Pull it up on Monday morning for see-in-traffic commutes and then lower it for fitness rides on the weekend.
Every Coda offers a full complement of eyelets and rack mounts to simplify installation of a rear carrier, fenders and ring lock.
Geared to Go Anywhere
The drivetrains on all our Codas feature long cage ATB rear derailleurs, full-size triple chainring cranksets (48/36/26 or 48/38/28) and big 11-32 cassette blocks. This gives you the dual advantage of having high road bike gearing for controlled pedaling at speed on descents and low mountain bike gearing for easier pedaling uphill. It’s a rider-friendly combination that’s made the Coda series one of our best selling bikes.
Going elbow-to-door-handle in traffic with cars requires a reliable brake system. Coda Sport and Coda Comp offer linear pull brakes, which are plenty powerful in any condition. To make sure you’re in complete control, even when grabbing a lot of lever for a surprise stop, we include power modulators on the front brakes of the sport and comp. This modulator absorbs excess lever pressure, assuring controlled braking performance
Wheels Built for the Street
Low spoke count wheels, with radial lacing or 2-cross lacing, may look all sexy and smart, but wheels built in this manner require highly tensioned spokes in order to support the rim and rider. This over-tensioning results in a harsher riding wheel, which is the antithesis of the Coda raison d’etre. Every Coda wheel is built with sturdy 20+mm wide double-wall rims that allow us to specify wider tires with a larger contact patch for a smoother, more stable ride, and 32 stainless steel spokes laced in a 3-cross pattern that assures rugged durability.
Vittoria Randonneur 32c tires are just the right size for zipping through traffic. Narrow enough to roll reasonably fast, wide enough to provide a secure contact patch. With sufficient air volume to offer a comfortable ride and extra shielding in the casing for superior puncture resistance.
TOP FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- A Shimano group ensures the quickest, most reliable shifts every time, all the time. The Comp’s 27-speed Rapid Fire Plus shifting drivetrain with Shimano M371 48/36/26 crankset, new Acera M3000 rear & front derailleurs and 11-34 cassette offers a much larger gear range, with much lower gearing, for easier hill climbing than standard or compact double chainring road and street bikes.
- Our ATS adjustable-height steering system is much lighter than traditional angle adjustable stems, and offers a much faster and easier method for adjusting handlebar height for more efficient and comfortable riding.
- Vittoria's Randonneur 32c tires offer more air volume & a larger footprint to make for a more comfortable & stable ride. They also offer increased puncture resistance thanks to a Double Shielding casing and reflective sidewalls for enhanced visibility at night.
- Tektro's V-brakes offer plenty of stopping power (and plenty of room for the addition of fenders) with a modulator in front to ensure controlled braking.
- The sealed cartridge bottom bracket & sealed headset offered on Coda Comp improve performance and reduce maintenance.