2016 Jamis Quest Comp
The legendary ride of steel: that’s what our Quest series bikes are all about. There is an allure to steel that transcends its traditional artisan appeal. And that’s its ride quality. “Stiff but buttery smooth” is the phrase most often used to express that quality. It’s the benchmark against which all other frame materials are measured. Full spec list
UPGRADES FROM QUEST SPORT
Steel Specific Geometry
Taking advantage of the high tensile strength of steel without having to worry about strength degradation due to welding is incredibly liberating. Welding steel often results in a 40% strength loss, requiring thick tubing walls as an offset. Not so with the air-hardened Reynolds 631 steel alloys used on our Quest Elite frames. This material actually gets stronger at the weld zones, allowing Reynolds to draw the tubing thinner for a lighter, stronger frame.
Reinforced Head Tube
Reinforcing rings are brazed on the head tube to prevent the headset and fork movement from deforming the thin-walled chrome-moly head tube.
SST Means “Custom”
We construct our 48, 51, & 54cm frames with 10% smaller outer diameter top and down tubes than on our 56, 58 & 61cm frames. The result is a more consistent ride quality across all frame sizes.
Classic Lost Wax Casting
Lost wax casting (aka investment casting) is an expensive process used mainly for the complicated shapes of high quality lugs and fork crowns. The dropouts of the Quest Elite are lost wax molded, as are the classically shaped seat collars of all our steel road bikes.
Full Carbon Monocoque Forks
Manufactured by the same team that produces our Xenith Endura frames, the carbon forks on our Quest series models are formed as true monocoque forks, in one continuous unit (steerer/crown/blades) for optimal strength and performance.
TOP FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Shimano's new Sora 27-speed drivetrain with updated derailleurs and shifters assures light, precise shifting throughout the entire gear range.
- FSA's Vero triple crankset is forged for durability and offers the rider a wider, more comfortable gear range than standard-sized or compact-sized double chainring'ed cranksets.
- Alex AT 470 rims with TCS (Tubeless Compatible System) technology mated with Formula smooth spinning hubs and DT Champion stainless spokes, meticulously built, makes for a great all-around wheelset.
- Ritchey Logic bars feature a short reach (73mm) and a super shallow (128mm) drop for more a comfortable riding position. Add gel inserts and bar tape and you can ride all day!
- Our Jamis ATS adjustable-height stem system is much lighter than angle adjustable stems and adjusts handlebar height more easily & quickly too.