2016 Jamis Quest Sport Femme (Women's)
The legendary ride of steel: that’s what our Quest series bikes are all about. There is an allure to steel that transcends its traditional artisan appeal. And that’s its ride quality. “Stiff but buttery smooth” is the phrase most often used to express that quality. It’s the benchmark against which all other frame materials are measured.
Steel Specific Geometry
For a greater range of handlebar and rider positions, we’ve fitted the Quest series frames with taller head tubes. Coupled with a slightly longer wheelbase and relaxed head tube angle, the result is more confident steering & handling and a more comfortable position for longer rides whether competitive or recreational.
Taking advantage of the high tensile strength of steel without having to worry about strength degradation due to welding is incredibly liberating. Welding steel often results in a 40% strength loss, requiring thick tubing walls as an offset. Not so with the air-hardened Reynolds 631 steel alloys used on our Quest Elite frames. This material actually gets stronger at the weld zones, allowing Reynolds to draw the tubing thinner for a lighter, stronger frame.
Reinforced Head Tube
Reinforcing rings are brazed on the head tube to prevent the headset and fork movement from deforming the thin-walled chrome-moly head tube.
Gender Specific Geometry
Our Quest Femme versions offer women’s specific frame sizing & geometry and component selection, including anatomically adjusted top tube lengths, head & seat tube angles, fork rakes & women’s specific saddles, with handlebar, stem and crank lengths all dimensioned to optimally fit women for greater comfort & efficiency.
SST Means “Custom”
We construct our 48, 51, & 54cm frames with 10% smaller outer diameter top and down tubes than on our 56, 58 & 61cm frames. The result is a more consistent ride quality across all frame sizes.
Classic Lost Wax Casting
Lost wax casting (aka investment casting) is an expensive process used mainly for the complicated shapes of high quality lugs and fork crowns. The dropouts of the Quest Elite are lost wax molded, as are the classically shaped seat collars of all our steel road bikes.
Full Carbon Monocoque Forks
Manufactured by the same team that produces our Xenith Endura frames, the carbon forks on our Quest series models are formed as true monocoque forks, in one continuous unit (steerer/crown/blades) for optimal strength and performance.
TOP FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Shimano’s new Claris 2400 8-speed group pulls down features including Dual Control shifters and wide range derailleurs to provide a reliable and dependable drivetrain with precise shifting.
- Shimano Claris 50/39/30 crank offers the rider a wider, more comfortable gear range than standard-sized or compact-sized double chainring'ed cranksets.
- The 28 and 32 spoke front and rear wheels assure a reliable and durable ride for riders of all sizes. They ride smoothly too. Thanks to their higher spoke count, these wheels do not require super-high tensioning to keep the wheel in true, yielding a more supple, less harsh feel.
- Tektro long reach brakes feature secure all-conditions stopping performance and offer enough clearance for wider tires (up to 32mm) and fenders.
- Our Jamis anatomic handlebar offers comfort in all riding positions; our 3D forged alloy stem is light and delivers secure steering control.